Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Updater Time Week #3

Hola everyone! I apologize for not giving an update on Sunday, which doesn't really make a difference for by the time I get around to writing, editing, and publishing, it's after midnight. Anyways, I'm going to be giving a general update on a lot of things besides my writing escapades. Here we go!

First as always 
Camp NaNoWriMo
*cries*
I'm am at exactly 16,687. I was 2,000 behind last Sunday, no big deal. No big deal when you actually write, which I didn't AT ALL last week. I was suppose to hit 20,000 this week. I was doing so well the first week of the month that I was discussing with my Cabin about maybe even having to bump my word count up. So not happening now. My excuse it that Spring has arrived and the weather has been amazing (up until about yesterday, where it got chilly and rainy (which I love) but not good outside weather). Plus I had to write three research reports, which in reality did bring my count up to 20,000, but I'm not counting them yet. So I have to write 10,000 words in order to reach my goal, which isn't horrible. I wrote about 10,000 my first week, and I wrote 15,000 per week during NaNoWriMo a year ago. I wrote a little today, and hopefully more tomorrow.


NaPoWriMo
I have actually been good keeping up with writing one a day, or two. I did get behind, due to not writing at all over the weekend, but I was able to quickly catch up today. Thank God for Haikus.


Misc.
In which I have no idea why I'm telling you this

If you are in the book loving community, like moi, whether its reading and talking with others, blogging about it on Tumblr, or taking action in thoroughly responding to it like I'm attempting to do, you may be aware of Booktube. If not, allow me to explain. It's just that. It's a community on YouTube that talks about and discusses books. It varies in discussion from tags, reviews, skits, whatever. It's great and awesome.

A smaller Booktuber by the channel name of LittleRedReader, AKA Red, recently published a video. She has created the One Good Thing Project. This project is designed to influence positivity by filming yourself saying one good thing that happened everyday for a month. You can either upload the video every day, or make a video compilation of the weeks video and post them at the end of the week. You can even take all of them and post them at the end of the moth in one giant video! It's very flexible (which I like), all you gotta do is film once a day.

Do you ever just have one of those moments where you hear or read or see something and you're just like YES! THAT'S PERFECT! and you feel in your element; it's a puzzle piece that fits on your side. That's what I felt. However, thinking about filming myself AND THEN POSTING IT makes me extremely uncomfortable. I'm getting very anxious just thinking about.

SHORT GHOSTY STORY TIME
(still have no idea why I'm adding this)
Back in '12 when I just go into watching YouTube, I saw it as so much fun and I was really inspired to do it. Lack of editing software, a camera, and intriguing personality kind of shot that horse in the face, but I didn't give up the dream of one day doing it. When I came across BookTube a year later, oh boy, did I fall in love. Now I had to do it, and I attempted. Lack of editing software and decent camera, again,  killed it. I never posted a video to YouTube though, just attempted filming. Last year as I watched everyone at Vid Con, It looked like so much fun I got the urge to do it. But since then, and my high of it in the fall of '13, has diminished. I do not have the great desire to create videos anymore. But the thought of me publicly displaying myself just NOPE. Social Anxiety does that to a person. That is why I hide behind a penname on a blog where people don't see my face.

This project is perfect then. It completely goes against my comfort zone (feeling queasy), but I know I will regret it if I don't do it. You can do it any time, there isn't a certain date, but you have to do it for the full thirty days. So I'm going to be attempting to do it in May. Starting May 1st (I could not add another thing to do in April).

I am very, very, very, very nervous, but I do have support from my best friend on this. Oh boy. You will be able to find the videos on YouTube under the GhostyStories.

Whew! A lot has been covered, so imma go now. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment